Lazar Wolfe The Butcher

Lazar Wolfe The Butcher

Monday, January 9, 2012

It Takes A Nation Of Millions to Hold Hank Shocklee back!


I just listened to Public Enemy's "It Takes A Nation Of Millions..." in it's entirety for the one hundred bazillionth time. It just might hold the number one spot in my heart for the "greatest album in the world".

Right afterwards, I watched this great lecture/interview with Hank Shocklee who's one of the main dudes responsible for this masterpiece. This shit knocked me over and then sideways! One of the best Monday nights that I've had in years.

To do this, it pretty much takes up a whole evening alone by yourself (as it's hard to find others willing to settle down for this kind of geekery) but it's worth it. You should do it too.


Lecture: Hank Shocklee (Seattle 2005) from Red Bull Music Academy on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment